CHOPIN Hall’s mission is to provide assistance, free of charge, to those in-need who reside in Hancock County. Assistance is provided in basic areas to include food, clothing, household, and personal-care items. CHOPIN Hall is a non-profit organization that serves clients regardless of race, age, or religion.
Providing For Others
CHOPIN Hall is staffed by over 100 loyal community volunteers with part-time administrative help from a director whose salary is funded a grant from The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation.
- Local clothing stores, consignment shops and individuals donate gently used clothing.
- Local distributors provide us with bread.
- We receive non-perishable foods from churches, schools, credit unions, businesses and individual donations.
- University of Findlay Cans Across America drive in November.
- The Mail Carrier Food Drive in May and Scouting for Food in April also provide us with supplies.
- CHOPIN Hall purchases the bulk of its food from West Ohio Food Bank in Lima.
- We also distribute surplus USDA foods.
- Each week fresh eggs, cereal and other food items are purchased to provide a complete balanced diet.